Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012


This week I have been having an ongoing conversation with multiple people about how some of the young and hopeful founders that have come to me looking for some funding lack some basic communication skills and a mindset for collaboration with mentors and more experienced people. It seems to me that many of them are only waiting to open their mouth to justify their assumptions or position in the face of logic and experience. Now I am not saying we are always right and they may be right. They usually will not have considered what was said before launching into a defense.

So after a week of listening to hopeful founders, watching their pitch, learning they are young and want to justify their position rather than engage in a learning experience. After that experience, what do I do?

I go home to watch Shark Tank only to complain about the hopeful founders pitching and Mark Cuban!

I wanted to end there while we can all appreciate the stupidity of my actions. I will touch upon my experiences with young founders in a later posting.

I have noticed some people touching upon this topic of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment